Love reading? Me too! I was a voracious reader earlier but my hyperactive 4-year-old makes sure my full attention is only on her or else all hell breaks loose. But still I manage to catch a few reads during her nap times.
Being a laidback traveller I do get a lot of free time to catch up with my reading during my travels. Trust me there is nothing better in this world than to curl up on a lounge chair with a good read in a resort basking in the awesome view of the mighty mountains or a serene seaside. This is the reason my holidays are not jam-packed but relaxing and rejuvenating.
Books take us on a journey of a lifetime. We lose ourselves in books, we find ourselves there too. It makes us see things differently and even adopt a new approach to life. It’s the best way to de-stress and stimulate the brain as well as to get motivated, inspired comforted and even challenged.
Choice of books is deeply personal. No two people ever read the same book. But here I have a list of my favorite books I read while travelling:
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding
- Before I Go to Sleep by S.J.Watson
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Beach by Alex Garland
Feel free to add your favorites to the list and if you have any suggestions or queries please comment.